MOT Checks Northampton
For any cars aged over 3 years on the roads, an MOT is essential and a matter you do not have a choice in.
However you do have a choice of where to have the test carried out and for customers in the Northampton area, Tyres Northampton provide an unparalleled service at an affordable price.
INCLUDED IN OUR FULL MOT TESTING SERVICE:
- Wipers and washers
- Fuel system
- Exhaust systems
- Wheels and tyres
- Registration plate
- Steering and suspension
- Seatbelts and seats
- Exhaust emission
- Vehicle structure
- Mirrors Brakes
- Vehicle identification number
New checks have been added to an MOT. These include:
- Underinflated tyres
- Contaminated brake fluids
- If a car has headlight washers, they must work. This is only applicable to vehicles first used from 1st September 2009.
- Reversing lights on vehicles that have been first used from 1st September 2009 must be up to standard.
- Daytime running lights on vehicles that have been first used from 1 March 2018 (most of these vehicles will have their first MOT in 2021).
There are five categories of MOT results:
- Dangerous – A direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment. The vehicle will not be legal to drive until it is repaired.
- Major – It may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment. Repair it immediately before you can drive the vehicle again.
- Minor – No significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment. Repair any faults as soon as possible.
- Advisory – It could become more serious in the future.
- Pass – It meets the minimum legal standard.
Our MOT test centre in Northampton can be booked at late notice, just a couple of days in advance. As well as this, we can offer pre-dating on certificates for up to 4 weeks. For a fully comprehensive and expert MOT service on your car, look no further than Tyres Northampton and contact our friendly team of professionals today.