Run Flat Tyres
If you want to save yourself the stress of changing a flat tyre, run flat tyres are the way to go. This tyre technology allows you to continue driving for around 50 miles on a flat tyre, meaning that you will be able to arrive at your destination safely.
So how do they work? Well, the sidewalls are reinforced with run flat tyres, meaning that they can maintain their shape and structure for much longer than conventional tyres. Tyres Northampton fit run flat tyres all around the county, and you can rest assured that the service will be efficient yet thorough.
Tyre markings for run flat tyres differ from one manufacturer to another, have a look at our guide below:
- Goodyear – ROF (RunOnFlat) or EMT (Extended Mobility Technology)
- Continental – SSR (Self-Supporting Run Flat)
- Michelin – ZP (Zero Pressure)
- Dunlop – DSST (Dunlop Self Supporting Technology)
- Pirelli, Firestone, Bridgestone – RFT (Run Flat Technology/Tyre)
- Yokohama – ZPS (Zero Pressure System)
- Hankook – HRS (Hankook Runflat System) or B at the end of the product name
For more information on the range of run flat tyres that we offer, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have a look at other tyre fitting services we offer: